- Posted by admin
- On February 8, 2016
- babies, small business, Startup
The more I get surrounded by friends becoming parents, the more I notice parallels between their experience and my entrepreneurship roller-coaster. Finally we talk a similar language, feel the same feelings, live the same constraints. In particular here what we have in common.
- Feeling a totally new kind of love– People who didn’t have one yet can’t understand.
- Lots of poop moments– Especially at the beginning… it really stinks.
- Endless spending– And this for many years to come. No, you won’t go on vacations this year… at best you can have a weekend off. Maybe.
- Lack of sleep– Who needs sleep anyway?! Don’t touch my Red Bull. I mean it.
- No time for sex or gym– And that’s a blessing considering you don’t have time to shave/groom anyway.
- End of your social life– Hungover parenting/working is great. Said no one ever.
- Occasional moments of “What have I done to my life?!”– Sometimes it’s just really hard. Those moments pass.
- The belief it’s the smartest on the planet– 99% of the time it’s not. Come on, don’t make that face! Yours belongs to the remaining 1% of course. (Phew!)
- A lot of “Gosh, what am I supposed to do now?!”– Books can’t prepare you enough for what’s coming.
- Impossibility to switch to another topic– It never gets boring, does it? Here my startup by the way: Wolfleaders.com
Missing something? Do share your take on the subject!
Image by Donnie Ray Jones
Previously published on Linkedin.